Friday, October 07, 2005

til death us do part...


...well that's what I thought anyway.

This...this ...institution of marriage , a patriarchal value imposed onto women to "protect" us ( from what- patriarchy?? Ourselves? ) ...is it outdated? Who the hell was it meant to benefit? The children? Methinks it was intended to (oh insight!) to control "evil women"...note the current day inflammation of what other topics inflame passions so as love and marriage...
Well, besides money in our bass -ackwards society, but that's another rant.

Infidelity? (insert double standard here: stud if you are a guy, harlot if you happen to be cloven not clubbed)
Same-sex marriage? ( who CARES which way you face when you are having sex???)
Abortion? ( Since when is it YOUR business what I decide with MY bearer of life creatrix womans body??)
Can you imagine if gender roles were reversed??

My idea of death being... cessation of breathing, no EEG waveform asystole- true livor/rigor mortis physical death.
Warm and dead. Nurses know it by this value.

Death, however as defined in Webster's is " the act of dying".

So death could be emotional ( hay, I am a woman) spiritual intellectual, philosophical, or social principles.

How does love enter and exit this equation? What was I expecting? What does anyone expect?

That you would be there always. Regardless...
How realistic was that anyway?

Its late, I am fragged. Work is the other ethic I have left.
My Smoo sustains me.
Maio and ciao,
the frigid ice queen of the north.

1 Comments:

Blogger Gerald T said...

Cool Squrilez!

10 October, 2005 23:07  

Post a Comment

<< Home